Wednesday, July 5, 2017

I am a BAKER

I am a Baker! Can't cook a meal but I love to bake. My family has been watching The Great British Bake Off show together and we are all enthralled. I made my first ever Angel food cake the other day and shared it with the neighbors. I failed to get the two piece pan and lost a little bit of the top of the cake when trying to get it out of the one piece angel food cake pan. Other than that it didn't turn out half bad. I didn't have the almond extract this recipe called for but it was pretty yummy.



Today I baked Ebleskivers and my oldest was all about what we could fill them with. He was also all about the dusting of powered sugar on top "just like the British Bakers do on the show".


After making the angel food cake I now know a lot more about stiff egg whites and how to get all that lovely air into my baking. I used this recipe for my Ebelskivers and they were fantastic!


We made some filled with a strawberry glaze left over from the angel food cake.


And some filled with chocolate chips which melted into yummy pillows of goodness.


I haven't baked in a while and I have missed it. Needless to say, the Great British Bake off has us all inspired to do more baking. Can't wait for our next yummy creation.


1 comment:

Gammlemor/Gammlefar said...

Yummy! And I don't asn't there to enjoy. 🙁