Monday, September 12, 2016

A new winter hat

My youngest occasionally gets the short end of the straw when it comes to handmade items. He gets hand-me-down handmade things that I at one point made for his big brother. Well, in an attempt to rectify the situation, I started knitting him a new hat. He got to tell me exactly how he'd like to to look and feel. I was able to make him smile big time with this new hat:


I used this pattern on Raverly.com. Instead of an icord cast on, I tried my hand at a provisional cast on. I also switched it from being fully lined to only lined around his ears like a ear muff or headband (similar to this hat pattern).




He was so excited he didn't want to take it off, even though it was a warm summer evening. His dad finally convinced him to take it off because I wanted a picture of the inside of his new hat.



So happy when projects work and make my kids smile!

No comments: