Monday, August 15, 2016

Yoga Pants

My 8 year old son loves all things comfy, soft and cozy. He almost never wears jeans, even though he has a drawer full of unworn jeans in a variety of colors. It was my goal before school starts to either buy or make him some new pants to wear so we could stop fighting about appropriate public attire.


I found some soft knit fabric and decided to make a pair of pants using a comfy pair I knew he liked wearing. Of course, my first attempt didn't work out quite as I had planned. They ended up a bit skinnier than I hoped and a little wonky with the red cuffs. I even broke my double needle just before finishing so I had to improvise with a single needle in my machine.



Thankfully my son saw them, slipped them on and announced they were perfect. He said they were like yoga pants and decided his favorite part was the red cuffs. Who would have thought... a compliment from him is a rare occasion these days!


No comments: