Monday, August 8, 2016

New Pants for my Bunny Loving 8 year old

My oldest is obsessed with bunnies. He reads about them, talks about them, and really, really wants to own one. I'm not ready for that kind of commitment but I did agree to make clothes with bunnies on them. Finding bunny fabric was actually slightly easier than I thought it would be. There's a lot of bunny fabric online, but locally we had to hunt for it. Eventually we found a few fabrics that met his exacting standards. (no foxes cause they eat bunnies. No other animal can be on the fabric if that animal also eats bunnies. Pink is his favorite color but he would consider other colors if the bunny was super cute or the fabric was really soft.)


I think I did pretty good. Four new pair of pants and three of them have bunnies on them. The first pair is a flannel (super soft fabric) with bunnies on a grey background.



Then my sister helped me find this mint bunny fabric and I added the coral pinstripe down the side. (I wasn't planning on the pinstripe but I didn't buy enough fabric and had to make what I had wider to fit the pattern.)



My favorite pair are these blue bunny pants with Jackalope knee patches. He saw these ones and excitedly screamed out "I didn't know these had JACKALOPES on them!! I love them." (to which my heart melted cause I knew they weren't his favorite color but secretly hoped he'd still love them like I did.)



Lastly, these don't have bunnies but they do have lots of pink on them. It's a pink cardboard city fabric with a grey pinstripe. He told me he liked them because they were pink, but also because he could copy the way they build the cardboard city to make one his size to go into. (Just as soon as we save up enough cardboard.)




I think he's pretty happy with all my hard work. I made them a skinny size 9 using the parsley pant pattern by Rae. I added an extra 2" to the bottom of the pattern thinking I'd be able to hem them twice and let them down when he grew taller. Unfortunately they fit him to a T with just one hem. I'm just hoping he doesn't grow too fast.

No comments: