Monday, January 11, 2016

A Cat hoodie for a friend

I've been learning how to make friends from my two sons. It is really as simple as just saying "hi". So this past year I made some new friends, both young and old. My friend E is currently 5 1/2 years old. She reminds me a lot of my older son. They have a lot of similar personality traits. Perhaps that's why we've connected so well with her family. Her mom and I have become good friends and I'm lucky to know them all.

Well, just before Christmas I was out shopping and I happened to find cat fabric. I actually found quite a LOT of cat fabric of varying styles and prints. My friend E loves cats, so I couldn't resist buying a little bit of bold cat fabric to make her something. I started by pairing it with some purple fabric I had in my stash to make her a hoodie.


Then because there was just enough left over, I attempted to make a cat print skirt. It was going to be a little short, so I added a purple waistband to hold the elastic and add length.


I gave it to her just before Christmas. Although her initial reaction was that she couldn't have cared less (my typical reaction to things sometimes- so I get it), her mom later sent me these photos of her loving it. Hooray. Cat outfit complete!

No comments: