Monday, March 30, 2015

Viking pants

I bought this viking material shortly after Christmas. I thought I'd bought enough for two pairs of boys PJ pants, but it turns out the Little Misters are growing too fast. I had to make a size 8 which required more width of the fabric. My 7 year old is pretty skinny, so I could have probably made it work with less fabric but I like following the pattern.


I had 1 1/4 yard of each so I used one fabric for each leg, switching the fabric for the opposite legs knee pad.


I think my older son is pretty excited about new pants and even wants to wear them to school. I genuinely love making stuff that they actually LOVE wearing. Makes me smile.


*I used this pattern (the parsley pant pattern by Rae) that I got for Christmas a few years ago. It's so easy to follow and have made several pairs of pants with it.

I had enough left over material to make some rather large fabric gift bags. It's not the best photo, the gift bags are folded in half.


No comments: