Monday, December 8, 2014

Craft Sale Elf Hats

Along with the animal masks my husband suggested I make, my sister thought I should knit a few Elf hats. Since I couldn't sit at my sewing machine all day, knitting seemed like a lovely evening activity. I picked up four skeins of yarn from the store, put a movie in the DVD player and started a pointy elf hat.


One turned into two, and then pretty soon I had five.


I have enough yarn leftover to make a multicolored striped elf hat, but we'll see if I can get it done before the Craft Sale.


The Purple one was a little experiment. I saw this scalloped pattern on Pinterest and wondered what it would look like on the elf hats. I think it turned out pretty neat.


Turns out I did have time to finish two more hats before last Fridays Craft Sale. And I didn't end up selling any of them. So if you know of a little person who might be in want of some seriously fun head warming accessories, please contact me for purchasing.


Here are all your choices for colors. I knit them all the same size: Child/ adult small. It fits my little almost two year old nephew and my almost 7 year old son (pictured wearing the purple hat in this post).


 I might need the purple on in my size. Which color combination would you choose for yourself?

No comments: