Saturday, December 8, 2012

Fun Animal Print Pillow Cases

In my attempt to "go green" this holiday season (ie. not buy wrapping paper) I sat drooling over a $16.50 flannel "Grinch" pillow case at Pottery Barn Kids. My first thought was - I'd be crazy to buy a sixteen dollar pillowcase that was so season specific. My next thought was- a pillow case would be awesome to wrap presents in plus I could start a new gift giving tradition. Who wouldn't want a new pillow case every year?


I let it go and walked out of the store empty handed. Later I ventured to the fabric store for some fabric to use on a quilt I am making. While there I stumbled upon this absolutely adorable fox and skunk material (Scamper by Birch). I didn't need it one bit but again thought about pillow cases for the Little Misters. I finally convinced myself I had to get it seeing as my boys were a fox and skunk last year for Halloween.


The very kind sales lady at the fabric store helped me get just the right amount for two coordinating pillow cases. I love small businesses- they really take the time to care. I also grabbed their super soft giant ric-rac in grey to add a fun touch of whimsy between the two fabrics.


I was able to get these made in one evening and am loving the way they turned out. Now I think I've committed myself to making (or buying) a new pillow case for my kids for Christmas present wrapping. Challenge happily accepted!

No comments: