Sunday, December 23, 2012

A Quilt, another Quilt and a pillow

I started throwing together some of my many fabric straps. I had plenty of vehicle and animal patterned fabric, enough for a coin quilt. I call it my "things that go" quilt.


 
I was going to be a gift for my twin sisters baby that's due in February, but I love it so much I don't think I'll be able to part with it. I found a grey fabric with sailboats for the backing to complete the "things that go" theme.



Knowing I was going to be selfish and keep it, I wanted to keep it nice when not in use. My bright idea was to make a small travel sized pillow case. Now I'm thinking this will be mighty nice to take on our upcoming plane ride. Pillow plus blanket, and when we take the blanket out to stay warm, we can stuff a few shirts or something soft inside the case to still have a pillow to rest on. Awesome!


Then I still wanted to make a quilt for the baby, so I grabbed all my solid color fabric straps. I love how this one turned out as well but I know it will be very loved in it's new home. My twin sister is a huge fan of colors and this one is nothing but COLOR!



No comments: