Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Tips & Tricks: Invitations

This past weekend we Celebrated my Little Misters' half birthdays. My Sons are two years and 11 days apart. Their birthday's land on both sides of Christmas. This year we postponed their party 6 months so we could have an outdoor summer party.

About a month ago I made the invites and sent them out:


My new TRICK for invitations is to use design software (Adobe illustrator, picasa, power point, photoshop or any combination of the above) to make a jpeg file sized to a 4x6 ratio. Then I upload the file to my favorite online printing site. I had them print thirty 4x6 photos for 9 cents each.  I do miss assembling invitations and the textures I can achieve with paper.  But with limited cash flow, I save a bunch of money on printer ink & paper.


I used this trick for a baby shower invite I designed recently. You just have to be careful to check the crop and watch for the enhance color setting on your online printing's website before printing because colors might change drastically from what you see on your computer screen.

No comments: