Monday, May 14, 2012

What I did last weekend...

An old friend's mother contacted me to be the wedding photographer at her son's wedding. I was blown away that she hired me, even after I told her it would be my very first wedding as the photographer. I gathered up checklists galore, asked my best friend to act as my assistant, and practiced like no one's business.

My assistant and I crashed the rehearsal {thanks Charlie}to get a lay of the land and test out the lighting. So glad we were able to do that because we were able to break up the shooting on the actually wedding day and make a pretty awesome plan. I love being prepared, and felt a lot more confident. The Groom had a really great attitude about it being my first wedding... saying "well, you've got to start somewhere, right?!"

I don't think I could have found a more agreeable couple to photograph their day. Now it's time to edit the hundreds of photos I took... wish me luck.

No comments: