Monday, April 2, 2012

Random Food Post: Bread

I stumbled upon a recipe that sounded interesting "Applesauce Nut Bread". It said it was my grandmother's recipe, but I don't remember my Grandma Marion making much bread. I asked my dad about it and he said she stopped making bread when he and his brothers were young. They'd eat a whole loaf before it even had time to cool.


I want to make more bread, because I love the smell of it baking. Plus I could eat bread with butter for every meal. This Applesauce Nut Bread recipe looked very similar to a banana bread recipe, which is one of the few breads I've ever made. I thought it would be a great start to making more breads, and sounded yummy. I think next time I make it I'll add fresh apple chunks to the batter.


THEN, I was at my younger sisters and she was making bread- she has some really good recipes. I watched her put her bread dough in the Microwave to rise because it was a dry, zero draft location. I thought it was a fantastic tip for bread making, seemed so easy. One of the reason bread making seemed so difficult was that I had no place to let the dough rise. So I gave it a try with a recipe she gave me "Honey Oatmeal Bread".


It worked so well I made both loaves. Smelled so yummy and tasted oh so good. Now I've got the confidence to experiment and try even more bread recipes. Wish me luck.


No comments: