Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Decluttering Kids Art

I have a stack of Little Man's art from the past year that's been getting rather big. I am sentimental but it's a little too much for this neat freak to look at. I thought I'd scan them in, but that was going to take FOREVER. Instead I broke out the camera and took photos of each an every piece of art.


I took a stack that looked like this and thinned it out to something more like this. I picked out my favorite pieces and will save them for a while till I figure out what to do with them. The rest I put into the recycling bin. {shhh. Don't tell Little Man}


Using the pictures I took of the art I put together a digital collage in Photoshop. My dad thought it'd be nice to have a photo of the art with Little Man holding it up. Although in theory it sounded nice, I didn't think I'd get him to cooperate. While shooting him drawing the other day I realized I already had the perfect photo of him to put into the collage. It showed his age, how he holds his pen lately and his face of utter concentration.


I'm thinking I might get it printed out as either a 12x12 photo to frame or enlarge it to be poster size.
What do you do for your kids art projects? How much do you save/ toss?

1 comment:

Vuong Family said...

I LOVE this idea- I toss alot of the everyday stuff he brings home from daycare, but I do have a growing stack of things they've made... I stash it all in a tub, one for each of them. I think this would be lovely in a 12X12 frame. Love how you included the big stack as well as the photo of him doing his art. I'm going to definatley steal this idea! Hope you're doing well...
Brenna