Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Overnight Duffel Bag

I saw this fantastic Free tutorial and HAD to make these for the little misters. The boys were going on an overnight with Oma (grandma) last Friday. It was the perfect excuse to whip up two little duffel bags so they could pack their things into.


Little Man (my four year old) was so excited he grabbed the grey bike bag and packed it Thursday evening as soon as it was finished. I asked him why he wanted the bike one and he told me "cause it's the done one!"  Which meant Click (my two year old) would get the blue one with the yellow flags. 


I choose to use cotton fabric instead of the denim because I couldn't find any denim at the fabric store I went too. I used two layers of the solid color and one layer of the interior patterned cotton fabric. I made the bag a bit smaller than her measurements {mine was 22"x16" with a 7 1/2" circle end}. But her tutorial was easy to follow and worked out GREAT.


I added a few extra touches to the duffel bag; like the two tabs on each end of the zipper. I thought they would give the little misters something to hold while pulling the zipper open and closed. Also wanted to showcase the interior fabric by adding the front pocket. Super excited about these bags, and so were the boys.

{linking up to Thirty Handmade Days}

Pin It

1 comment:

ButtercreamSewingMachine said...

I love the colors you chose! It turned out very well. I will have to check out the tutorial. Thanks for sharing!