Monday, February 6, 2012

Bicycle lounge pants with pockets

Okay these just might be my greatest sewing achievement to date. Why? Because they are pretty much the perfect size, the length is just right, and I don't want to take them off!


Almost a year ago I made these little bicycle PJ pants for my Little Man. I kept thinking "is it terrible that I {a 'grown-up'} want a pair for myself?". The material makes me happy... I did make a bicycle skirt with it but lets be honest... I'm not much of a skirt wearer.


So I took a pair of yoga pants that fit great to get the shape/ size right and cut the material. Sewed it all together adding pockets to make them a little more adult.


Super glad I did because I LOVE the pockets- they might be why I don't want to take off. Now my son and I have bicycle pants that will be very much enjoyed.


{linking up to southern Institute}

Pin It

2 comments:

Kjersten said...

Oh. My. Gosh! I want some! THose are AWESOME!!!!!! Can I commission you to make me and Oscar some of these, Margaret???? Pretty Please????!!!! I love the reverse pockets! I love the bikes! I love it all!!!

Margaret said...

I would love too. I'm always up for a new project. Then you and Oscar can be matchy matchy happy bike pants too!