Sunday, January 1, 2012

A few little skirts

My younger sister showed me this tutorial for a market skirt. I know she wanted one for her daughter. So I decided to try my hand at little girls skirts for my niece's birthday present. I mostly enjoy making little boys things, but girl things aren't too horrible to make, as it turns out.

This is the first one I made and I gave it to my 4 year old step-niece (for lack of a shorter explanation) as a Christmas present. I used the extra fabric to make a small skinny scarf to match.


These two I made for my sister's daughter, my little two year old niece. I attempted the gathered pockets tutorial from the same blog. Not too shabby for my first couple tries.



The brown butterfly one turned out the best and is my favorite. I can't wait to see my little niece all dressed up in her cute skirts.

1 comment:

girls dresses said...

These cute and colorful styles bring a girlish grace to a little girl look. It’s very lovely, colorful and the designs are really great.