Sunday, January 15, 2012

A couple of Hobbit Hoods



My youngest has become a bit of a baby when it comes to the cold outdoors. I don't have the heart to tell him here in the upper Midwest it's cold 6 months out of the year. Instead, I decided I'd try to make a scarf/ hood that would keep the wind out of his face. I cut up a green scarf, that would be light weight, and lined it with flannel.  Which worked better than my second attempt to make a Arctic weight one with an old sweater as the lining- too heavy/ bulky for everyday wear.


I'm currently re-reading the Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien and I'm on the last book now. Which probably explains why I wanted to call it the Hobbit Hood. So cute, right? It can be worn with the scarf & hood up or folded down as a hooded neck cowl. Should be nice and warm for both my Little Misters. I think there's room enough for a hat under there on really cold days.


Bring on the cold winter, we're ready for you now!

{linking up to Thirty Handmade Days and Southern Institute}

1 comment:

CNel said...

This is AWESOME!!

please demonstrate how to make one of these..perhaps adult size luls

Cheers