Monday, October 17, 2011

Make a Mess Monday: Creative Fishing

My Sister's mother-in-law gifted us some extra webbing from jackets that she makes. My first thought was "what am I going to do with this?"... But with a little imagination I was able to come up with a fun outdoor activity to while away the afternoon.


Using some pool diving rings, a pair of scissors {to cut the webbing into two long strips} and the yellow and black webbing- we came up with FISHING lines:


Even the youngest figured out how to toss the rings to send it sailing. Didn't surprise me much since he actually LOVES throwing things (much to his parents frustration at times).


Here's a little video clip of Little Man catching a "shark" from the ocean:

video

Oh yeah- when fishing got a little boring we made an impromptu May Pole around our tree.

No comments: