Friday, September 9, 2011

Winter wear for my Newest Nephew

I started these last week trying to use up some left over yarn and was able to finish them off on Wednesday. Yesterday I gave them to my sister for her new baby. Of course, her new baby has already become a two month old and has almost outgrown the hat. I guess I'll have to make a  bigger one before it gets cold. At least the mittens are ginormous and will warm his arm up to the elbow. He'll be able to wear these till he's two or three.


I used the 'pointy elf hat' pattern in the knitting book More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson.  For the mittens, I made it up. I did remember to take pictures and write out notes along the way. I'm hoping to put together a tutorial/ pattern for Toddler Fingerless Mittens. I should have it done and posted soon.


2 comments:

EmeBon said...

Thanks Margaret! They are awesome - and of course, to break them in, B tried them on that afternoon! I'd say his look means, "Whaaat, these are for me?!? You're the bestest!"

Margaret said...

I'm glad they'll get use weather it's B or the baby!!