Friday, September 16, 2011

Pre-Planning for a Handmade Halloween

My younger sister and I worked all day Wednesday making a costume for my niece for Halloween. We're planning on making our own unique costumes for our kids. Which will take some time to complete so we're starting early. Between the two of us we have four individual kids needing several handmade pieces that make up a great collection of costumes!

Of course we did have all four kids through a long day, each napping at separate times. That means what might have taken a morning uninterrupted, took all day between multiple diaper changes, preparing/ serving two full meals plus snacks, and calming a lot of crabby pants. All that and it was still an awful fun day. I loved being able to collaborate with my sister... tossing out ideas on costume construction, and colors. Here's my nephew overseeing our mess around lunchtime:


Want a little creative eye candy?  I created a couple Etsy treasuries to help you start pondering your own Handmade Halloween. Up first  is the "Have a Do It Yourself Halloween" {each item is a PDF pattern of a costume or accessory you can make yourself}:


Not a Do It Yourself kind of gal, that's okay cause there's even more handmade Halloween costumes for sale on Etsy. Check out my "Halloween on the Brain" Treasury:


I'd love to show you the costumes we've got started but I don't want to ruin the surprise. I'm excited to take really fun Fall photos of the kids in the cute costumes, hoping to share them with you when all four costumes are complete.

No comments: