Monday, August 22, 2011

Make a Mess Monday: Marble Painting

My sister's have little one's about the same age as my youngest and they've been talking about joining us for "Make a Mess Monday". So last Friday morning I packed up all the art supplies we'd need and headed over to my twin sister's house to facilitate a little messy fun. I saw this Marble painting project and thought it would be perfect.






When we all ended up messy and little people had to hosed off- I think I can officially say "Make a Mess" was a success. Some other variations that will be awesome to try another day: Painting in the kiddie pool and Painting with Ping Pongs.

8 comments:

EmeBon said...

Thanks for bringing the mess! I was also thinking golf balls would be cool. They are heavy and with all the little divots it might make a neat pattern as well!

Margaret said...

Oh, golf balls would be great- you're absolutely right.

Thank you for your patience while I set everything up. Anytime, the more people the less stressed I'll be with the messes.

Laura said...

Ooooh, this is a fun idea that I had not thought of before! Thanks for sharing! I like the golf ball idea too! :)

Lorie said...

My kids have been wanting to try this after seeing it on The Wiggles! They used pans but I like your idea of cardboard a lot better!

Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas said...

Lots of MESSY Fun indeed!!! Love all the pictures of the lil ones getting right into the paint!!!

Would love for you to share on The Sunday Showcase Child Centered Linky Party (open thru Thurs.) http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com/search/label/Sunday%20Showcase

Vicky said...

So fun! I just bought the supplies for this and will probably be doing it today. Glad to see you all had so much fun.

I am a new follower from the Sunday Showcase. If you have a chance stop by and say hi at http://messforless.blogspot.com
Thanks!

Jenny said...

This is such a fun idea! I love this series.

Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas said...

Thanks for sharing on the Sunday Showcase. Looking forward to seeing what you have to share this week.

Bern
http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com/search/label/Sunday%20Showcase