Monday, August 29, 2011

Make a Mess Monday: Felt Mosaic Crown

I have lots of felt scraps from all the banners I sell in my shop. I never think its right to throw away pieces that might find a use in the future. This week we used those colorful scraps to make a felt mosaic crown. Pretty much self explanatory: cut out a crown shape out of heavy paper, brush on the glue or use a glue stick, and lay felt on the glue. Let it dry and then staple the crown together to the size of child's head.





We've got plenty of felt scraps to share, let me know if you want to make your own felt mosaic crown. I'd be happy to mail them to you if you email me your address. Or better yet, come on over to make a mess with us sometime!

4 comments:

Connie said...

I would love to drop over!

crittersandcrayons said...

Found your site through a link over at the Outlaw Mom's blog! This crown is awesome!!!! If we try it, I'll be sure to link back to you guys! Although- my blog hosts the "Craftless Series" so you can be sure mine won't be as beautiful. hahaha! Nice post-

Margaret said...

Thanks for stopping by crittersandcrayons. If you want a little felt-I've got plenty.

I would LOVE the link love if you make these. Plus I'd love to see your new crowns!

Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas said...

very cute and a perfect way to make use o those scraps! I too hate throwing those bits & pieces away.

Thanks for linking to the Sunday Showcase! Hope to see you again this week!

Bern
http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com/search/label/Sunday%20Showcase