Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Have tool box, will travel

I happen to love IKEA furniture- if for no other reason than being able break out the tools and build something in about an hour. When a friend of mine asked me if I could come over to assemble THREE new IKEA bookshelves she had purchased, I JUMPED at the chance. Whoo Hoo!


I was up and out the door last Saturday to get to her place by 9am. Hot cocoa in hand I started ripping open the boxes right away. By 1:30pm I had two tall bookcases (with additional shelf extensions on top) assembled, outlet holes cut in the backboard and each moved into their new locations. Plus the expedit bookcase fastened up tight.


A couple of years ago when this same friend moved into her new home she bought IKEA DVD storage units- three of them and I happily volunteered to assemble those as well. Oh how I wish I needed that much DVD storage, cause they look awesome sitting there together.


Now you know, when you can't find me at my own house...
you might find me tinkering around yours.

No comments: