Monday, July 18, 2011

Make a Mess Monday: Thank you notes

Saying thank you is one of my top priorities after receiving a gift. I can't rest easy until I write a thank you card. {I know, I'm quirky and a bit old fashioned} I also enjoy sending thank yous to people who have us over to their house, but I will admit to being bad about it lately. That said, it's important to me to teach my kids that after receiving a gift, we must sit down to write a note to the person who spent time picking it out.


We recently celebrated the Boys' birthdays and they received a handful of presents. After the Saturday party, we sat down Monday to work on Thank you notes. Little man is only 3 1/2 and hasn't really started writing his letters yet, but I let him draw pictures on the card and the envelope. We made just a little mess in the process. He was actually quite excited to lick the envelope shut (my least favorite part). Just look how proud he is of his thank you letter to his Grandma.


Need more tips on teaching kids to write thank you cards? Check out this post where I share four tips I recently read that I thought were very useful.

No comments: