Friday, June 24, 2011

Family Reunion Fridge Magnets

Last weekend I went to our family's reunion. My mother's side of the family is quite large and when we gather it's sure to be a party. I wanted to make something that we could take away from the reunion, a wonderful little souvenir. I bought a pack of Avery Magnet sheets (five 8.5x 11 inch sheets). I made the logo and fit eight on a sheet. With a large family I needed to use all five sheets, but I think I had enough for everyone who wanted one. I figured it cost about 50 cents per magnet. (I did have to print it at my mom's house because I don't have a top feeding printer)
I love simple designs and the sentiment that because two people fell in love there are now 53 more of us walking around the world. Family is a very special thing to me and I love all of mine!

(linking up to Thirty days handmade)

1 comment:

Kjersten said...

Those are so cool, Margaret! Wish I could have been there. Sounds like it was fun.