Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Seed Flowers MOPS craft

Last fall I searched the Internet and blog land for creative and budget friendly ideas for crafts. Curious to know what all the crafts we did this past year? I've listed them at the bottom of this post.

We had our last MOPS craft night last Thursday evening. I found this fantastic idea on how to make compostable seed flowers. I thought it would be great once I paired it with how to antique a terra cotta pot. I used Minwax wood finish "dark walnut" and love the aged look it gave to the terra cotta.

While I made my example early last week, I realized a few things: the bigger the circle the fatter the flower, make your spiral at least an inch wide and if you want to add further texture to the pot use your finger to rub a tiny amount of paint sporadically.

No comments: