Friday, April 29, 2011

Alphabet Blocks

I've had this super cute sheet of Actopus to Zelephant 12x12 scrapbook paper for awhile now. I was trying to think of some way to use it that would be worthy of its awesomeness. I thought I'd make blocks for Click's Easter present but didn't have a square cubed block of wood anywhere in the house. I did however find a couple of scrap pieces of 1x3 to cut into squares. I sanded them down, painted them white and glued the 2x2 individual animal cards onto the block. Twenty six blocks seemed like too much work to finish before Easter, so I only maybe thirteen blocks and put A through M on one side and N through Z on the other.  Total cost was less than a dollar.


13 comments:

Jenn said...

What a cool project! This would be an awesome baby gift!

shana said...

Umm, A is for adorable!
So cute!
Shana

J&M said...

Oh - I want some! Well Done! Thanks for sharing!

Anne said...

seriously, what a cute idea! I love scrapbook paper and all the fun things you can do with it! I used it for an art collage in my little girls room...

http://christopherandanne.blogspot.com/2011/04/big-girl-room-art-collage.html

Margaret said...

awe, thanks guys for saying so many nice things!

Niki said...

great idea!! from your newest follower!

Margaret said...

Thank you Niki- you've made my day. Thank you for stopping by and following my little craft blog.

Last Minute Mel said...

These are gorgeous, what a clever idea!

Ginger said...

this is too cute! Great idea. I have added you to my feature post this week! Check it out here - http://literallyinspired.blogspot.com/2011/05/linky-laundry-list-1.html

Renanda said...

Did you coat these with anything or are these specificly for decoration? I am just wondering what would be safe if baby were to chew on them.

Thanks! Love the idea.

Margaret said...

I used Mod Podge to coat over the paint and paper. I highly recommend them sitting over night after each coating. I think I did like three coats of Mod Podge. They are super cute as decoration, but both my 3 year old and 1 year old play with them. They've survived quite a lot of torture, but are holding up perfectly.
Thanks for stopping by Renanda!

Kidsdinge said...

This is so cute !!

Love and Lollipops said...

love these...so cute!

Georgia :)