Friday, March 11, 2011

Still pondering original ideas

I’ve been pondering originality ever since this post a couple weeks ago.

Last week I had a terribly exciting idea. Thankfully I had all the supplies on hand and could start it right away. I’m still in process and need to tweak it but here’s a small sneak peek.  I started simple and plan on creating a more unique design. It is a detailed process taking several hours over the course of a couple of days to complete. So if I were to sell them it might be slightly pricey. But I’m thinking about it.  
A few of my very favorite things I used to love when I was younger were miniature- very detailed work, things that need order or structure. Cross stitch is one craft that uses all of these. But I haven’t done many lately* because I have not liked the designs and patterns out there. Last week it hit me, I figured out a way to make my own pattern and cross stitch something I would actually enjoy hanging on my walls. 

*last cross stitch I finished was this one almost two years ago and I still haven't found a place for it*

No comments: