Friday, February 11, 2011

DYI: Spread the love cookies

I've had this recipe sitting around for more than a year now. Jam Thumbprint cookies that I found on someone else's blog and now for the life of me I can't find the original post- sorry to the real owner of the recipe, but they are so good I have to share.*

I made the first batch this week. My mother in law's birthday was Wednesday (Happy Birthday again) and I knew she might enjoy a little sweet treat. I decide to turn my thumbprints into hearts to show her how much we all love her. As pictured we used three different kinds of jams: Strawberry/ rhubarb, blackberry, and raspberry. Oh boy they are super yummy. Little man and I decorated a glass jar with a paper heart punch and red paper.
The whole batch of cookies didn't fit into the jar, so I had enough extra to give to some of my co-workers for always letting me show off all my finished craft projects to them. While the cookies were still warm I poked the lollipop sticks into the middle of the cookies. Then wrapped them in a plastic sleeve I found at the craft store in the make your own candy isle.


*The Recipe: