Monday, January 10, 2011

What to wear: my new bicycle print wrap skirt



I had one really great reason to get out of bed last Monday morning after a nice long week without work. I got to finally wear this bicycle print wrap skirt I made following the pattern in Heather Ross' "Weekend Sewing". Last time I used this book was to make these adorable little huck finn pants for Little Man O. The pattern was fairly simple and went together easily, of course I had to add an extra panel. I made the large/extra large sized pattern but still wasn't quite big enough. In the end I'm glad I added to the skirt because I love how the white panel created a stripe down the side. And yes, that does happen to be a matching bicycle print skinny scarf- thanks for noticing!
**fabric is Michael Miller Bicycle Haze

5 comments:

shana said...

Oh my goodness! I LOVE it! Great work.
Shana

shana said...

Plus, skirts are my favorite!

rjherron said...

So cute!!

Kjersten said...

I LOVE THAT SKIRT!!!!

Star Graf Design said...

Thank you all. I LOVED this fabric and I haven't made anything of myself hardly- so I decided... this is it. I'm making a skirt! It cost me all my christmas money but it was worth it!!