Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Let the truth be known

My company closed the office the week between Christmas and New Years, which meant I had a whole week to spend with my sons, Little man O and Click. Of course, I can only handle so much play time before I need a break to craft. People tell me all the time "I don't know how you find the time to make stuff" or "I don't know how you do it".

Well the truth is I probably ignore the boys a bit more than I should... while I'm crafting away at the dining room table, the little misters have usually turned my house into this:

Besides any major fights or tantrums I tune them out. Actually, I can get quite focused on something that I honestly can't do two things at once (craft and listen), much to the bewilderment of my multi-tasking husband. There are occasions where we pop in a movie to watch, the youngest doesn't usually sit still for long before he's back on the floor playing with toys. The boys don't really watch TV, except sports with Daddy and a few movies they've seen about a hundred times.
And thankfully, I can always break out the knitting needles and interact with the boys at the same time.
Oh yes, and I should mention that I am EXTREMELY blessed being married to a man who loves to cook and makes about 95% of the meals in our home. He also does the occasion load of laundry, picks up messes and washes dishes. I know, I'm pretty darn lucky to have him in my life!
So now you know, if you want the full experience, stop on by...

1 comment:

shana said...

that could have been written about me . . . except with 3 times the kids and a bit more (or maybe a lot more) TV.
shana