Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A unique Birthday present


My sister mentioned that she'd love a flag banner to decorate for celebrations. Her daughter's Birthday was coming up and I thought if she wanted, I'd make the banner as a gift for my niece. She bought the fabulous fabrics and gave them to me in time to make a wonderfully colorful flag banner for her big first birthday.

I cut the fabric in 3 1/2 inch by 9 inch rectangles. I used fabric adhesive to iron the quarter inch side seams. Then stitched the fabric to the webbing with the rough edge of the fabric up.

I believe it's totally terrific and could be fantastic for so many different occasions in the future.

2 comments:

Vuong Family said...

THis is super cute. I love it. I also love the jingle bell blanket. Can I commission you to make a fabric banner like this one with the fabrics I give you. They would be perfect! I'll pay you for your time!

Star Graf Design said...

Thank you! I'd be happy to make one for you, as long as you don't need it before the middle of January. I have been meaning to email you, but can't find your email address and haven't been able to get into my work account. My apologizes.