Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tuesday: Woven Ribbon Pillows

Michelle (my twin sister) made a ribbon pillow a while ago for her son's nursery. I thought it as a fantastic little throw pillow for the rocking chair in his room. After brainstorming things we could make and sell at the Bazaar, I thought her ribbon pillows would be a great addition to my humble craft collect.


Michelle had the ribbon in her stash pile and wanted a good use for it. She wove the ribbons together in a couple of amazing color combinations and ironed them onto interfacing. I helped her out by sewing the pillow covers together in more of a sleeve/ envelope design, rather than a closed sewn shut pillow. Once the covers were finished, she made and stuffed plain white pillows to put the covers on. It was a team effort.
I think they are pretty neat. The little extra stitching I did and the simple button Michelle added create a marvelous finished product.

1 comment:

Nellie said...

These are very nice looking pillows! Great job!