Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Jingle Blanket

My little misters and I attend a once a week early childhood education class together. Little Man O is very outgoing and I wanted make sure he had friends his age to play with. During the two hour class, the teacher gathers everyone around a circle rug and we sing songs. At the end of twenty minutes, she brings out her jingle blanket. It's a small rectangular sheet with bells sewn into appliques, when shaken it jingles. It's O's favorite part of class, he sings the loudest and smiles from ear to ear.


I decided I should make a small jingle blanket for the boys to play with at home. I laid out two large cuts of old fabric on the floor. Using a piece of string and a marker, I drew a circle all the way to the edges. Stitched it around then started filling it with half inch jingle bells I found at the craft store. I didn't want them just piling up, so I quilted little "pockets" for each individual bell. My almost 1 year old and the 3 year old LOVE when we bring it out to sing and be silly. It's even big enough to put small stuffed animals on it to bounce them up in the air. I believe it's about 40 inches in diameter.

1 comment:

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

Oh how cute- and look at the smile on his face!
Thanks so much for linking up to my Pity Party on 30days.
xo,
Mique