Friday, December 24, 2010

Handmade Christmas: Knit gifts

Knit project #1: Little Man O is getting this brown warm wool scarf that I finally sat down to finish. I started it this summer when I was making my cowl. It's all the extra yarn scraps I had laying around which is why there's just a touch of color sprinkled into the brown.
 
Knit project #2: This knit hat is the infant hat I told you about here.  It's my first infant hat. I knit it in a Purl 2, knit 2 pattern but when it was finished I didn't think it was going to be all that warm. I ran out and bought some light pink flannel fabric so I could attempt to add a lining to it. I stitched the flannel together in some hat like shape and stuffed it into the knit hat- wondering all the while if this was really going to work. Then stitching through the yarn and flannel, went around the brim of the hat in a straight stitch. Hopefully my niece will be able to wear it for at least a couple days before it's too small.


Knit project #3: I loved my new cowl and am getting some good use out of it with all the snow coming down here in the upper Midwest. For Christmas I decided to make another one with a matching hat for someone special. I'm pretty excited how they turned out, since the adult hat was also my very first knit hat ever. (the infant knit hat is made with the leftover yarn from this adult hat and cowl.)
Join me next week when I share a couple more of my handmade Christmas gifts.
Merry Christmas to all, have a great weekend and enjoy!

No comments: