Friday, November 26, 2010

Rick Rack Blanket

I saw this cozy quick Blankie on Purl Bee a couple of years ago. I thought it looked so fantastic and simple I just had to put it on my "future projects" list. Two years later, I finally got around to finishing my first one. I say first because I'm totally in love with its easy assembly I really want to make more. I used an Amy Coe receiving blanket with Elephants on it, soft yellow rick rack, left over brown ultra cuddly material from O's halloween costume, and a tiny bit of white chenille left over from Click's first quilt.

I'm really excited to show you this blanket I was making for Click's Christmas gift. In fact, I was so ecstatically pleased with this soft blanket that I gave it to him early. It makes a wonderfully warm lap blanket for the car in the cold winter air.


Are you making anything handmade for Christmas this year for anyone?

1 comment:

Kjersten said...

Oh my goodness, I am behind on my blog reading. You have so many great projects here, Margaret! I love this one. And I LOVE the boys Halloween costumes too. Too fun.