Saturday, November 6, 2010

One last Halloween Costume

My younger sister came to me with a GREAT idea for a halloween costume for her daughter, my ten month old niece.  She needed a little help with the dress. Though I've never made a dress before I was not going to pass up a craft challenge. She purchased a yard of blue flannel, hoping it'd be enough for us to make a few mistakes. Using a different outfit as a pattern and sizing guide, we managed to make it up as we went. 

My sister had done her research and found this lovely puffed sleeve tutorial that we followed. It was SUPER helpful. After somehow getting a snap closure in the back she went home to give it a finishing touch, the black buttons. Of course what's a LUCY (from the Peanuts comic) costume without the saddle shoes and blue leggings (which my sister was also able to complete on her own). Isn't that adorable?

1 comment:

Kjersten said...

How cute is that? What a fun idea.