Saturday, October 30, 2010

the Little Misters Halloween costumes




I had no clue what to do for the boys' costumes until I saw "How to Train your Dragon" movie by DreamWorks. Figured I could make a quick Dragon costume for Click out of one of Little Man O's old hooded sweatshirts. I had a bit of green fleece laying around in my fabric stash- not sure why it was even in there. I hand stitched the triangle dragon scales on the hood and down the back of the sweatshirt. Then concocted a crazy stuffed tail I could safety pin to the waist band of the hoodie. Unfortunately, I started it too late and it ended up a wingless dragon costume with no leggings or cute puffed dragon feet like I wanted to make. We made do with these old huck finn pants and green shoes.
For O, I used one of his shirts as a guide to create a long tunic. I never thought I'd be making my own kids clothing, but I have to say I LOVE this shirt (I might have to make more). When I was buying the $3 broadcloth material for the tunic, I saw that the ultra cuddly material was on sale: half off. I grabbed enough to make a viking vest like Hiccup wears in the movie. Again I ran out of time to make any crazy viking boots- so I just let O wear his slippers.
Two Halloween costumes completed, both created with just $6 worth of material.
Ta Da: a Viking and his Dragon.

2 comments:

J&M said...

Simply amazing Costumes and photos! What fun you captured! Can not wait to see the boys in their costumes.

Fatima said...

Very precious! Been cruising around your blog this afternoon and enjoying all the projects. Thanks for stopping by my silly little blog today. :)