Friday, October 22, 2010

Letterpress Postcards

 At the letterpress printing class this week, we chose a saying and were able to print 27 postcards.  I was in the teacher's workshop pulling out all the different letter styles. I picked out the kennerley font and went with a thank you saying. I can always use more note cards to say thanks, especially with the holidays coming up.
I was able to crank the press a bit harder this week to de-boss the print. Not sure this close up photo shows it, but it's there- you can feel it and even see the impression of the letters on the back. I chose a white linen cardstock because its one of my favorite papers- it looks so fancy.
I had a lot of fun learning a new craft medium. I might need to go back and rent her press to make more stuff. With any new skill  they say "practice maked perfect."

No comments: