Sunday, April 11, 2010

June Wedding Invites

My sister-in-law will be having an outdoor wedding in June at her family's home. A simple ceremony followed by a small gathering of family and friends. I was asked to make the invites and since she's not terribly choosy I was able to suggest a simple design to fit her tastes.

I used a template to trace and then hand cut all 50 invites out of 12x12 red bazzill paper to make their own envelope when folded. To seal it shut I printed a square sticker.

I was most excited about the phrasing of the gathering to follow the ceremony. It wasn't going to be a traditional "reception" which sounded a bit too formal. The bride and groom wanted to keep it a little more relaxed but still elegant. I suggested "garden party" as a substitute and was happy to hear that wording would be perfect!

The stickers I first printed (in above photo) had the wrong date on them. Luckily my husband caught my mistake and I was able to fix it before I handed them off to my sister-in-law. I think the stickers I made after these ones turned out much better, so it all worked out for the best.

No comments: