Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My Idea

I had an Idea for Handmade Christmas gift, if someone wanted to make us something verse buying us stuff. I told my Mother that we could really use "Days of the Week" washcloths.

We've tried giving the kids baths on certain days- ie. Tuesday and Friday would be "bath nights". That didn't always work out, perhaps we were out late on a Friday- we'd miss giving a bath once we finally got home. Since we didn't have set days for bath nights we occasionally would ask each other "when did we give O a bath last?". It was a challenge to remember some days.

I thought if we had "days of the week" wash cloths we'd have physical evidence that told us when He had a bath. Because we leave the washcloths on the soap bottle to dry before I put them in the dirty cloths. Ta Da, Brilliant! At least it's been working fantastically for our family since my mother made them and gifted these washcloths to us for Christmas. Thanks Mom!

3 comments:

Kjersten said...

Fun idea! Thanks for sharing, Margaret. We often have the same problem remembering when bath night was.

Laura and Danya said...

AND I had so much fun making them. I think as they grow I will have to change the pictures or something. Who knows what creative idea Mormor will come up with next. Thanks Marmee for the suggestion.

Mormor/Nana & MorFar/Papa said...

Ooops, didn't know Laura was signed on my computer. I actually typed that message.