Friday, August 7, 2009

Project Flashback: Jewerly Boxes

I don't wear a lot of jewelry, in fact I only really have "cheap" pieces. From every country I've visited, I've picked up a few necklaces or ankle bracelets. I don't think I spent more than $5 on any one piece.

I had them all in a box hidden away somewhere, so I'd forget to wear them, poor things. So when I remodeled our bathroom, I decided to make a few hanging jewelry boxes to keep them visible and easily accessed. The added bonus is they're a bit of extra decoration.

I used a little wooden box, dowels and plexiglass. I drilled holes for the dowels to hang the necklace around. Then I cut the plexiglass to make a door. To attach the door to the box with a small metal hinge I used super glued to connect them. I spray painted them white, and to add a touch of class- added a piece of felt to the back of the box to protect the jewelry from hitting the wood.

No comments: