Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Project Flashback: antique picture frame

I got this picture frame from my Grandmother and wanted to display it without damaging it further. The glass was old & stained. It was originally hung from two eyelets and a wire hanger. I removed the glass and wire and thought I'd build a shadow box to add dimension.

I did not want to ruin the integrity of the frame so I created the shadow box with a lip in the front for the frame to sit on. Then I added these hooks that slipped into the original eyelets to fasten it in place, without permanently attaching the two together.

I wanted the frames new addition to looked aged as well so I distressed it with a painting technique. It was my first time using crackle paint.

I love it and will cherish it always. I use it currently to show off all the bridesmaids bouquets from my sisters and friends weddings' I've had the honor to be a part of. The big white bouquet on the right is mine from my own wedding.

No comments: