Sunday, April 26, 2009

Leaf & Dot Black out curtains

I finished my "mystery" project. It's a matching set of black out curtains for little man's nursery. It's getting brighter out with the changing of the seasons. His early bedtime and the light shinning in were not exactly conducive to a perfect evening slumber.

I drew inspiration from the walls that were lovingly painted by my handsome husband. He choose all the colors for the nursery. I love the dots. I like how the free form quilting turned out. I had no pattern, so I guess you might be able to say these are my own design!

I actually constructed these as dual propose: Curtains and a quilt. I love multi purpose things and since I know he will grow out of most things I decorate his room with, I figured they'd be fun blankets after their curtain life is over. How fantastic!

2 comments:

rjherron said...

Such a cleaver idea - they look fantastic!

Natalie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and for leaving a comment! Your curtains are adorable. and really such a great idea!