Monday, April 20, 2009

Knitting Stripes: take two

I'm making progress on the little blanket I'm attempting to Knit for little man O. I've added two more stripe colors and I have three left to go.

I went to the Yarn store this afternoon and purchased the next 3 skeins of Yarn I needed. They were having a sale, so I got them at 20% off! The lady helping me was super nice and said "are you going to be balling those today?" I said I'd never used the ball spinning thingy (I don't even know what to call it). She said "Oh, I can teach you!"

Fantastic! I sat down and spun my skeins into balls and it was way faster than sitting at home with two chairs back to back, winding a yarn ball.

Just look at how beautiful the Yarn swift (I looked up what the spinning thing is) makes my new yarn! It's a center pull ball as well, which means it's not going to roll all over the house as I knit.

1 comment:

Janet Brady said...

Hi, I saw your comment on my blog about my Very Hungry caterpillar quilt. I knit too and I think I need to find out about this spin into balls gadget. I'll be visiting again.