Monday, April 6, 2009

Project Flashback: Apple core quilt

Summer/ Fall 2007: I was pregnant with O and wanted to make him a baby quilt. I started by looking at patterns and blocks, material and size- I was overwhelmed to say the least. This would be my first quilt. Handsome helped by looking up heirloom quilts and found one that I fell in love with. Little to my knowledge, at the time, did I think it would be as hard as it was. Curves?!?! What was I thinking?

But I love the material I choose and thankfully I did not attempt a very big quilt (finished dimensions are 34"x 42"). There was a lot of trial and error, but over all I adore this Apple Core quilt. It at least kept me busy while waiting for little man O to arrive.

13 comments:

Kerri said...

what a lovely quilt!! i love the colors and design!!

Zonnah said...

Lol, I had the same feelings about a quilt I did as well. Curves...chanllenging to say the least. Yours is Beautiful.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Oh my curves! I have never attempted curves. Your colors and design are lovely.

Amy @ Park City Girl said...

Love the colors in your quilt! the curves look as though you've mastered them :) Thanks for sharing

stitchinpenny said...

I am so glad that your blissful ignorance allowed you to undertake this beautiful quilt and your skill and perserveranceallowed you to master. Great job.

Quilt Rat said...

great colour combo.really terrific!
Enjoy this festival

Janet Brady said...

I've been quilting about 5 years and I'm still too chicken to do curves. You inspired me to get over it. Great job!

Minka's Studio said...

I think I've seen this pattern before but had no idea what it was called. I like the name! What WERE you thinking doing curves for your FIRST quilt! You did an excellent job!

Janet Hartje said...

I can't believe you chose curves for your first quilt! You can do anything now! Very nice.

Granny Lyn said...

Absolutely perfect for a baby boy,,,and curves? oh, man...

Sequana said...

At time like those, ignorance is surely bliss.....*S*

It turned out wonderfully.

SewCalGal said...

Absolutely beautiful quilt. You did a fantastic job with color, style and creativity. Wonderful job!

Thank you for sharing.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Natalie said...

Oh, I love this! I have been too scared to try curves...maybe soon!